Join the CPAR Team
If you are a committed professional who is passionate about making a lasting difference in the lives of families and communities in Africa, we want to hear from you. CPAR employees share a passion for our work and a commitment to working in an environment of inclusivity, respect, and diversity. We encourage candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
SRHR/Gender Expert - Program Development Consultant Roster
CPAR is currently building a roster of consultants with expertise in sexual reproductive health and rights (SRHR) and gender programming to primarily support program and proposal development.
Summary of Consultancy:
CPAR seeks consultants with a strong health-focused background and a proven track record of designing programs and writing proposals which focus on sexual and reproductive health and gender programming. Consultants will ideally have experience related to the design of inclusive programming which supports marginalized populations, considers issues of women’s and youth empowerment, and integrates persons of disability and members of the LGBTQ community.
Consultants may be asked to participate in a variety of activities based on the organization’s requirements, including:
- Leading and facilitating a team of CPAR staff and consultants in the design of relevant SRHR programs and proposals with responsibilities for establishing and managing work-back schedules, delegating tasks, establishing proposal team assessment tools, facilitating a proposal vision and plan, taking a lead role in writing proposals, and ensuring proposals meet donor requirements;
- Travel to Ethiopia, Malawi and/or Tanzania to support program and proposal development, to lead program development assessments, to gather data, to support country teams in networking, and to identify program and partnership opportunities;
- Conduct desk-based or in-country research to support proposal and concept note development, and draft concept notes;
- Lead discussions with prospective implementation partners, stakeholders and CPAR staff in-person or via phone/skype/zoom as part of program development initiatives, strategizing, planning and budgeting;
- Support the CPAR Program Team in identifying resource needs at the field level and HQ to ensure that concept notes and proposals are prepared at a high professional level;
- Act as an SRHR/gender technical specialist and advisor to on-going CPAR programming to ensure technical elements of the program plan are being properly implemented, monitored and reported on.
- Degree in international development, public health or related field
- 5 to 10 years of experience implementing programs in the African context (experience in East and Southern Africa preferred)
- Experience leading donor engagement initiatives
- Extensive track record in preparing concept notes and developing proposals for programs addressing issues of gender equality, SRHR, GBV, HIV/AIDS, and MNCH
- Experience writing proposals to donors such as Global Affairs Canada (GAC formerly CIDA/DFATD), USAID, DFID, the EU, UN agencies, the World Bank, foundations and corporations, etc.
- Outstanding writing skills: proposal writing, reviewing, editing and synthesizing field reports, analyzing qualitative and quantitative data, articulating results and producing high quality donor reports
- Experience working with budgets, grants, and conducting research
- Experience in Results-Based Management (RBM), project cycle management
- Excellent English writing skills is required
- Knowledge of GAC funding mechanisms, policies and procedures
- Experience implementing health/SRHR/gender programming in Africa
- Demonstrated capacity in establishing and maintaining strong working and representational relationships with international and local NGOs, donors, government officials, community organizations, and/or other stakeholders in international development
How to Apply: To apply for this role please forward a CV and cover letter outlining your skills and experience by May 31, 2019 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application letter and CV as one document and reference “SRHR/Gender Expert” in the subject heading along with your proposed daily rate.
CPAR welcomes proposals from candidates of all nationalities.