Join the CPAR Team
If you are a committed professional who is passionate about making a lasting difference in the lives of families and communities in Africa, we want to hear from you. CPAR employees share a passion for our work and a commitment to working in an environment of inclusivity, respect, and diversity. We encourage candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds.
Annual Giving Officer
Canadian Physicians for Aid and Relief (CPAR) is seeking an Annual Giving Officer. CPAR is Canadian charity that manages programs in Ethiopia, Malawi, and Tanzania. Our donor base includes many individual donors, as well as Foundations and public agencies. CPAR’s project areas are focussed on health system strengthening and include sexual and reproductive health, gender equality, Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), and nutrition and agriculture.
Reporting to the Senior Advisor Philanthropy, the role of Annual Giving Officer is responsible for supporting the day-to-day activities to grow the annual giving portfolio. The role requires coordination with the Canadian office team, as well as other staff at each of the African offices, to maximize the value of the Annual Giving portfolio. With a specific focus on direct response fundraising and stewardship programs, this role will assist in activities leading to revenue targets in excess of $1 million annually.
Marketing, Revenue Generation, and Project Management (50%)
Provide project coordination support for annual giving campaigns to existing donors, and acquisition campaigns, as set out in the annual plan. This includes, but is not restricted to:
Data analysis, reporting and expense management (30%)
- Direct mail campaigns,
- Supporting digital activity (email, landing pages, social media),
- Voice broadcast messages,
- Community giving campaigns.
- Oversee the development and implementation of stewardship journeys for existing and new annual giving donors. This includes both regular, mid-level, and monthly donors.
- Provide personalized communication and customer service to individual donors as required by mail, phone and email.
- Coordinate with other business units within CPAR and FICS to support opportunities for integration or collaboration.
- Maintain positive, respectful working relationships with key external vendors, including graphic designer, printer, digital services, CRM provider, mail house and postal/courier services. This will include ongoing communication throughout each campaign and appropriate follow-up at campaign end, as well as ongoing communication to ensure project deliverables are met.
- Create regular gift reports and dashboards to monitor trends.
- Provide ongoing reporting and analysis for each program/fundraising activity by updating monthly reporting documents which includes, but is not limited to budget to actual expense, donor acquisition, retention, monthly conversions and upgrades.
- Donor database (CRM) management, ensuring data is entered correctly, following organizational business processes to ensure data integrity. Identify opportunities to introduce new data, and test regularly.
- Track all invoices for the Annual Giving portfolio.
- Maintain records of all marketing campaigns.
- Provide regular status updates on key areas of the program.
- Create and oversee campaign-specific thank you and acknowledgement letters and processes.
- Working with Finance team, conduct quarterly reconciliations of gift data.
- A college diploma in Marketing, Digital Marketing, Integrated Marketing Communications or Fundraising or equivalent years’ work experience in fundraising, marketing or related field
- Two (2) years’ work experience in marketing, fundraising or direct mail or direct response campaigns
- Digital fundraising experience, including a basic understanding of metrics, analysis, and effective marketing and fundraising best practices
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and customer relationship skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse working environment and ensure donor satisfaction
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Attention to detail to ensure accuracy in communications, and donor records
- The ability to follow through on timelines, be results-driven and deadline-oriented
- The ability to be a self-motivated team player who believes in proactive and transparent communication and frequent collaboration with peers
- Donor CRM experience, including data input, queries and process design. Experience with Keela fundraising CRM an asset
- Microsoft Office proficiency (PowerPoint, Word, Teams, and above average Excel skills)
- English/French bilingualism would be an asset
- A keen interest in the work and mission of CPAR
At CPAR we value the diversity of the people we hire and serve. Diversity to us means fostering a workplace in which individual differences are recognized, appreciated, and respected in ways that fully develop and use each person’s unique strengths.
For consideration, please submit your resume and cover letter by August 31, 2021. Please attach your cover letter and resume as one document file in an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
, and reference “Annual Giving Officer” clearly in the subject heading. Interviews will be conducted on an ongoing basis, and this posting will close once the position is filled.
This is a full-time employment opportunity (with benefits) and a salary range of $45 – 50,000 CAD per year. This role is eligible for remote work.
We thank all candidates for their interest and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.